The Significance of Lalitha Sahasranama
- Shri Lalitha Sahasranama, is most pleasing to Shri Lalitha Parameshvari. There is nothing to equal this in the Vedas or Tantras.
- The daily chanting of this hymn gives the same merit as that obtained from bathing in holy rivers and giving gifts of wealth, food, land and cows.
- Barren women get the gift of children by taking ghee that has been made potent by chanting Lalitha Sahasranama.
- By daily chanting of the Sahasranama, the effects of evil spells are removed.
- All the faults arising from not completing puja rituals or from not observing various rites on time are removed by the chanting of this hymn. This hymn may be chanted instead of various expiatory rituals.
- Relief from afflictions due to the influence of planets or evil spirits can be removed by chanting the Sahasranama while holding some water and then pouring that water over the head.
- Devi protects those who chant this hymn daily from dangers and from attacks by enemies. Victory in battle is gained through the chanting.
- Daily chanting of the Sahasranama augments prosperity, eloquence and fame.
- The Sahasranama may be chanted by those who are in any of the four stages of life (brahmacharya, grihastha, vanaprastha and sannyasa).
- By performing yagnas of Lalitha Sahasranama, the consolidation of dharma becomes possible in the Kali Yuga.
- It is difficult to please Devi without the chanting of Lalitha Sahasranama. Through this hymn, the sins accrued in many births are removed.